Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Somewhere over the rainbow....



Today is the 2nd anniversary of my maternal Grandmother, Emma Gene "Genie" Duffy, passing away. I called her Gibby, and eventually so did everyone else. She is still one of my heroes. She endured much over her life, but yet she lived her life! She loved to dance, loved to entertain and loved her family. Somewhere Over the Rainbow was one of her favorite songs because it was the song of her graduating class. Somewhere in Time was her favorite movie.

The following lyrics from Brad Paisley's "When I Get Where I'm Going" always remind me of her. (Altered a bit to fit the situation.)

I'm gonna walk with my Grandmother
And she'll match me step for step
And I'll tell her how I missed her
Every minute since she left
Then I'll hug her neck

















No comments: