Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hurts So Good

As I sat and tried to figure out a title for this blog a John Mellancamp song came rushing forward from the recesses of my memory. Today I again added some jogging to my walking routine, along with my wrist weights. Okay, not sure if it's the jogging or the weights, but I feel muscles I forgot I had. My abs, my legs, it all hurts. But it hurts SO GOOD! I think I am easily becoming addicted to endorphins! Even on mornings like today, when I'm tired and would normally sleep as late as possible without being too terribly late for work, I remember how good it feels when I come in from my work out and I'm motivated to get up. I can see my body changing too, which is totally awesome! And all without a diet!

When I decided to embark on this journey I did so planning to make acheivable goals. My first goal, though probably not actually verbalized, was to make it through the month of January walking every weekday morning. In three days I will have completed that goal! WOO HOO! I've missed two days, one when I went to Leesburg for the boot camp and the other because it was TOO COLD! However I made up for the too cold day last week by going on a 3 mile walk with Sarah on Saturday.

My new goal is to keep it up through the month of February. This next month holds a few challenges, one being two back to back weeks of conference. Typically on conference mornings I have to be at the church by 8 or 8:30. I realize that's only a 1/2 hour difference from now, but the likelihood of being in bed by 10pm on a conference night is very very slim. The other challenge is that the weekend between those two conferences I'll be keeping my friend Candice's kids. Somehow I don't think they could keep up with me for 1.7 miles let alone a long 3 mile trek. I did joke with Sarah that I could take them to play in the play yard at the church and just walk circles in the parking lot so that I could keep up with them.

So... I feel the need to say something, to be totally honest, to get it off my chest......... *big sigh*....

I'M TIRED OF BEING SINGLE! There I said it. Sorry, it's just true. I really don't need any pep talks. I've heard them all before. I give them to myself on a regular basis. I will except offers to fix me up with someone provided you can assure me that they meet certain criteria. Otherwise, keep the speeches and preaches, I already know it all. Just say, "I'm sorry, I know it sucks!" and pray for me. Okay?! I'm not depressed, just ready for something, someone new!

That said.... 3o minutes to my sushi date with my dear friend Rebecca! WOO HOO!

2 comments:

Julia Feitner said...

I'm sorry. I know it sucks. I'll pray for you.

Unknown said...

Thank you!