Thursday, January 22, 2009

One way to fight the chocolate cravings (Okay, I know... not a song title or lyrics. I couldn't think of anything.)

Well I overcame the cold and walked this morning. It as 32 rather than the 24 it was at 7am yesterday morning. 8 degrees makes a HUGE difference. But that is not the point of this blog....

It's supposed to be "warmer" here today so I dressed accordingly, though maybe under dressed a little in comparison to the last few days - 3/4 sleeves and no socks. I'M FREEZING! Come to discover the unit that cools and heats my office was set on A/C! Oy vey, that would explain why I'm freezing. The heat hasn't been on in my office at all this week during the three consecutive nights of hard freezes. Brr!

That situation rectified by switching it to heat, but leaving it set around 69-70ish, I realized I'm hungry. Normally I might jump up and walk to my office neighbor's desk and grab some candy out of the jar, but Monday changed that for me. You see, Monday morning I came in to a hysterical Sherilyn who had discovered evidence of a chocolate party occurring in her office after hours. Unfortunately the party goers are of the small four legged furry variety. Sometimes known as Mickey, or even more recently Despereaux. She not only discovered that they had chewed through one of the reserve bags in her desk. They also carried a large stash from the reserve drawer to another area of her desk. Obviously behind her corporate binders proved to be a more inviting party atmosphere than her desk drawer. I just can't bring myself to eat the ones in the jar for the fear that they may have been crawled on by the culprits. We did set traps and apprehend one of the perpetrators..... The one good thing is the thought of them enjoying the same food as me keeps me from retrieving candy from the jar....

However, I have no quams about eating candy fresh from the fridge before it is mixed with "the others." Hence just leaping from my desk when I heard Sherilyn walk in her office with the bag... Oh well, it was at least a temporary deterent....

I've had lunch though and the chocolate craving has been satisfied....

No comments: