Monday, January 12, 2009

I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid....

Saturday night I went to a going away party at the "guys house" at the end of the road. I originally had plans to crash their party because they have an open door invitation to our house, but never invite Sarah and I to their little shindigs. I did end up invited when one of the residents and one of the partners in crime stopped by, told me about the party and asked that I bring Apples to Apples. Technically I think my game was invited to the party, but whatever....

When I got down there they had Guitar Hero on and several people were taking turns playing. Amazingly enough I had never seen anyone play let alone play myself. I was asking one of the guys how to play and what the goal was... etc. He graciously answered my questions and then said, "It's entertaining watching the grown ups analyze the game." WHAT? This kid, who is 10 years younger than me, just called me a grown up. Not an adult, that doesn't seem so offensive, he called me a GROWN UP! Mind you five minutes before that he was trying to convince me that God said I was his wife. What the heck? Can I just say being called a grown up by a college student did not make me feel very good!

No comments: