Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lord save our nation, we need your grace....


I finished my walk in the 29 degree weather and came in to make my coffee and protein shake. As has become a custom I turned on the Today show. It is in fact Inauguration Day and of course it's all about the events of this historic day.

As they panned the National Mall (BTW... not a shopping place as people have asked me before....) and showed the sea of people between the Capitol Building and the Washington Memorial tears filled my eyes. I recalled the hours spent with thousands of other Christians on that same land, crying out for our nation. Crying out for the lives of unborn children. Today people are on that same ground celebrating their right to choose; choose abortion, choose "who to love", choose a leader of this nation.

I feel so full of mixed emotions. I am excited that our nation has reached a point where it can elect it's first African American President, but I find myself standing on the opposite side of the line from him on so many issues. I also mourn for the people of our nation who have all of their hope placed in this man rather than in THE MAN that can actually bring change... Jesus.

God bless and protect our new President and our nation! We need you now more than ever....

Letter from Os Hillman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog and I am so glad that I did. I agree completely that people have put way to much faith in one man rather than placing their faith in Jesus Christ.