Monday, January 12, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

Good cold Monday morning! Grant it I realize cold is relative, but it was 34 degrees out this morning, according to Accuweather, when I donned my walking apparel and started out. It took me extra time to get dressed so I started out later than usual. Then my GPS apparently kept shutting off so my CardioTrainer did not accurately track my walk this morning. I did the full deal though!

My ankle is still hurting a bit. I got a brace this weekend... it helped some. I thought I might have to shorten my walk this morning, but again once I got going it was okay. Not great, just okay. It's everything before and after the walk that is uncomfortable. I'm rather stubborn so I'm not sure at what point I will decide to at least have it looked at.... I just keep hoping it will get better with time.

My weekend was not nearly as productive as I would have liked it to be. I was just wiped out! I'll have to put a concerted effort in to getting stuff done during the week. Friday I'll be heading to Leesburg, FL for the weekend for a song-writing boot camp.

Speaking of the boot camp... this morning I realized that this weekend will be the first time I've ever stayed in a hotel room by myself. Is it strange that I'm 28 and that is the case? I've always traveled with groups or with friends and therefore shared a room. I won't be traveling alone, just staying in the room alone.

Yesterday morning I was awakened by a very loud popping noise which was immediately followed by the sound of complete silence. The power had gone out at 7:10am. As I lay in bed for the next 20 minutes I began to formulate a plan of how I would get ready for church without any power. Being a Sunday morning I didn't have much hope of a quick repair. I called the electric company, as I have been trained to do being that I'm the exec. admin. assist. and our power goes out at least once a summer, and got their automated service. I then had even less hope of it coming on before I had to leave for church. I figured there was probably enough hot water to shower without washing my hair and decided I could get dressed and go to the church to put on my make up and fix my hair. Fortunately I had gotten my hair cut on Saturday making it manageable even though it was technically dirty. What I later found out is that only 4 of our houses were without power. Very strange! It was about 11:15am, four hours later, when I received a text from my neighbor saying it was back on. I still have no idea what happened!

The good news is my Steelers won last night and are one mere game from going to the Super Bowl. That would make for a very good Super Bowl as far as I am concerned!

No comments: