Friday, January 6, 2012

I will not succomb to comfort foods!

There's something about being sick, even if you don't feel that bad, that can be a challenge ready to derail you from any eating plan whether it's a diet or a fast.  I've been coughing since about New Year's Day, but just kept thinking, "Oh it will get better!"  Yesterday my sister called and told me that everyone in the family has either acute bronchitis or pneumonia.  Well... I decided I should probably go get checked out.  I don't want to mess with possibly messing up my lungs!  Sure enough I have bronchitis.  I was prescribed a ZPak and cough syrup with condone and sent on my way.
Unfortunately the antibiotic kinda made me sick to my stomach when I took it.  All I wanted last night was bread or something soothing and comforting, but I pressed on.  I even managed to Zumba last night, which may or may not have been a good idea with bronchitis.  But heck, I had already done it three other times this week.

So yesterday's food intake looked like this:

Coffee with vanilla almond milk - Of course!
4 slices of canned peaches - I didn't realize I got the ones in HEAVY SYRUP and when I started eating them they were much too sweet!  I could have saved the rest, rinsed them and eaten them later, but instead they went in the trash.
Spinach Salad from Pizza by the Sea sans the feta and the chicken. - I missed the feta the most.  Oh, and the dressing was on the side.  I only used half of one of the little cups they gave me.
Dry roasted peanuts

And then there was dinner... which despite my not so happy tummy was SO YUM!
Spaghetti Squash - Cut in half and cooked rind up on a cookie sheet for 40 minutes at 375ยบ and then shredded with a fork. Jarred pasta sauce with some added herbs and such.  Topped with red peppers and zucchini that I sauteed in my new wok with some olive oil and minced garlic.  On the side I had asparagus tossed in olive oil, minced garlic, sea salt, and ground pepper and broiled for about eight minutes. 

I was worried the spaghetti squash would be mushy, but it was PERFECT.  The consistency was very much like angel hair pasta and with the sauce and veggies there was no taste difference that I could tell.

Also, just some bonus information, yesterday at the walkin clinic as the nurse was checking my vitals she said my blood pressure was perfect!  120 over 80!  Yay!

No comments: