Thursday, May 26, 2011

100 Random Facts About Me

100.  Despite my attempt at having other favorite colors I always come back to pink.  I suppose I’m just a girlie girl at heart!  

99.  I like peach flavored things - peach cobbler, peach candy, peach flavored drinks.

98.  I love roses, but specifically I love unique colors of roses.  Not a big fan of red roses though I wouldn’t turn them down if someone brought/sent me some.


97.  I DO NOT have a green thumb... at all!  My Dad does, but I did not inherit that trait.  I firmly believe yard work is a man’s business!

96.  I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.  Ha!  Sorry, couldn’t help it.  (Read likes to be cheesy!  Though the statement is true.)

95.  I still have a very large audio CD collection.  I used to think that I would never cross over to the world of digital music, but now it just serves to feed my musical addiction!  Especially since I can download stuff to my song while going down the road!

94.  I like nuts, but not in things like cookies, brownies, etc.

93.  When I was a kid I had a water bed with a mirror in the middle of the headboard.  My Dad and StepMom would have to yell at me to stop looking at myself in the mirror and get up for school.  (I can’t say I’ve totally grown out of the tendency to look at myself in a mirror, or other reflective surfaces, when I’m in public....)

92.  My Mom used to call me her Petunia and even had a little song she sang.

91.  My other nicknames include - Kara Gene Jellybean, Karakeet, Vera, Karamellow, Kara Bean, Kara Mia, KKoo, Karabear, Keira....  

90.  I still sleep with the baby blanket that my Grandmother gave me when I was born.  I’ve stopped taking it with me when I travel because I’ve almost left it too many times.

89.  I’m English, Irish, German, ⅛ French and a little bit Indian.

88.  I love all things Jane Austen.

87.  Unlike most of my friends, I WAS allowed to watch Smurfs as a kid.  I however was not allowed to watch Heman or Sheera.

86.  I like the flat bunny Peeps when they are stale.  So I open them and let them sit at least overnight before I eat them.

85.  I’ve always wanted to see a funnel cloud, but only if no one I know is in any danger.

84.  I often have very literal dreams that eventually come true.

83.  I’ve had multiple dreams about it snowing here in Florida... technically this dream has come true, but I haven’t seen it yet.

82.  I hate squirrels.  As far as I am concerned they are no better than rats with fluffy tails!

81.  I have always wanted to swim with dolphins.

80.  I never watched Dirty Dancing until a few years ago.

79.  I’ll be about 48 when my youngest sister graduates High School.

78.  I’m a little OCD about even numbers. I even chew evenly, alternating which side each bite is chewed on.  Right then left, repeat as necessary.

77.  My favorite features about myself are my eyes and my legs.

76.  I never snuck out of the house, or snuck anyone in.

75.  I was attacked by wasps when I was about 7 while swimming in my grandparent’s pool.  Consequently... I HATE WASPS.

74.  Whenever I see a bee I hear the line from Jerry McGuire “dogs and bees can smell fear” and try to act calm.

73.  There is a constant running commentary in my head.  If you think I say too much on Twitter/FB you should know you are only actually experiencing a small portion of what I’m really thinking and would like to say.

72.  I’ve been known to pause too long while talking/telling a story.  This is usually because I’m processing what I want to say next.  As a result my stories, etc. often get interrupted.  I’ve gotten to the point where I just stop saying whatever I was saying if I get interrupted and often only continue if asked.

71.  For years I have said that I never snuck out of the house, but I realized something while in Dallas.... I never snuck out of my house... we did once or twice sneak out of Gena and Glenda’s houses.  But as Gena pointed out to me... most of the time it was late night runs to Meijer’s.

70.  I have lived in 14 different houses since I was born.  

69.  The longest I lived in one house was 7777 Quarry Cliff Court in Ohio.

68.  I still have dreams about that house.

67.  I’ve been too “ashamed” to admit this before, but... I have tried online dating and I HATED IT!

66.  I am both an only child and an oldest child!

65.  I “dated” my step-uncle when I was in grade school.  Here’s the nutshell version: I liked a boy.  My Dad started dating said boy’s older half-sister.  My Dad married her.  The boy and I were in the wedding together and he asked me to be his girlfriend at the rehearsal dinner.

64.  This happened when I was 9.  My crush on said boy began when I was 3.

63.  If someone makes a comment about a song, or the song is associated with a particular event/individual I will always think of that when I hear the song.

62.  I have a total of 7 piercings in my ears.  My mother hated that I had so many.

61.  I wear glasses at work.  This throws off people that never see me at work wearing my glasses.

60.  I used to hate the beach, now I LOVE IT!  I can’t get enough of it.  Not sure what happened to me.

59.  I have always loved to fish (thanks to my childhood best friend’s dad) as long as I don’t have to do any of the slimy stuff.  You know, like touch the bait or take the fish off of the hook.  :)

58.  My favorite Reese’s Peanut Butter treats are the specialty shaped ones - heart, tree, pumpkin, etc.  There is more peanut butter and it tastes different.

57.  I’m still an 8 year old at heart when it comes to cereal.  My favorites are Cinnamon Life, Lucky Charms and Frosted Flakes.

56.  I always chew gum when I sing.  I know it’s against all rules of singing, but it keeps my mouth moist better than drinking water every three seconds.

55.  While packing for a trip to WV with forecast highs in the upper 60s and lower 70s I discovered I only own 3 kinds of shoes - heels, sandals and boots.  

54.  I have a shoe addiction!  (But I won’t tell you how many pairs I actually have.)

53.  I blame my shoe addiction on the fact that my Mother and Grandmother opened a shoe store in our home town when I was in Jr. High.  I had all of the beautiful high end shoes a girl could ever dream of... and yet not the age to really appreciate them.  

52.  Sometimes I wait for other people to initiate contact just to make sure the relationship isn’t one sided.

51.  Words of affirmation and gifts are my love languages.  And they don’t have to be big gifts... just something little that says you were thinking of me!  

50.  I really like hugs... REAL HUGS.  I rather loathe side hugs.  But …. if it’s someone that I don’t really want to hug then I would prefer a side hug if I can’t avoid a hug altogether.  

49.  I have some personal space issues, but usually once you are in my circle of trust those issues no longer apply.  I guess you’ll know if you’re in the circle of trust by whether or not I back away if I feel you are too close.

48.  I love being around people, but I don’t really like large groups of people.  I prefer a small group where a conversation can be maintained by all of those present.

47.  Loyalty is both my strongest asset and potentially one of my biggest weaknesses because I will often be loyal to the point of my own detriment.

46.  If you’re not okay with moments of silence in a conversation then we probably won’t get along because I like to think before I speak... at least most of the time.

45.  I snore.  There I admitted it.  I don’t think I quite equal a freight train, but I have been told that I don’t just “breathe heavily” as I had hoped was the case.  

44.  I’m 5’ 10” and I LOVE wearing 3” and 4” heels.  What can I say?  I like being tall!

43.  My favorite foods are Italian and Mexican.

42.  I don’t like confrontation... so I usually avoid it until the only option left is to confront.  Usually at that point I’ve stuffed so many issues down that it’s more of an explosion.  I’m working on this issue...

41.  As much as I love text and IM there are points when I realize the information being exchanged would be much better suited to an email so as not to forget important details and tasks associated with the conversation or a live conversation (phone or in person) so as not to loose inflection and to provide better clarity.  

40.  I talk to my sister Elizabeth at least once a week, if not more.

39.  After 18 years of only having 1 sister sometimes I forget that I have to clarify when referring to my sister.

38.  I don’t like stock photos when there is the possibility of using “real” photos.

37.  It bugs me when people don’t respond to text messages.

36.  I love WV in the spring!

35.  For some reason I always assume that male flight attendants are gay.  I know that is a terrible stereotype, and I’m not really sure where it started, but I always assume that.  

34.  I think airport bathroom stall doors should open out.  Have you ever tried rolling a carry-on into a stall where the door opens in and barely clears the toilet?

33.  I’ve never used a push mower.  My Mom wouldn’t let me because she said it was too dangerous.  

32.  I did mow at my Dad’s with a riding mower, before I had my license, and took out a small tree.

31.  The whole thought of flying is weird to me.  Especially the part where all sorts of people from different ways of life get in one giant metal contraption and put up with being squished together shoulders and hips touching.  

30.  I’ve always prayed for a cute, friendly, single guy to be in the seat next to me on a flight.  It’s never happened.

29.  I’m very weird about hand washed dishes.  I don’t really like to use them, and I don’t really like to hand wash them.

28.  My graduating class was 33.  My sister’s was close to 500.

27.  I hate taking more than one trip in from the car with groceries.

26.  I like my fingernails and toenails to have matching polish so if I’m going to get a pedicure and a manicure I always take my own color, or buy the color I choose, so I can make touch ups later.  Because inevitably... my fingernails will be demolished long before my toenails need touched up.

25.  If I think there is even the slightest chance that something sat in the washer too long and will have the mildew smell I re-run the wash.  I have a very low tolerance for the mildew smell.

24.  I don’t really like instrumental music.  I realize that is probably rather shallow of me, but I just prefer something I can sing along with.

23.  I was born in Wheeling, WV and still consider it home even though I haven’t lived there since I was 12.

22.  My first job was stuffing prayer clothes for a certain large ministry in Columbus, Ohio.

21.  I started taking voice lessons when I was in 3rd grade.

20.  Most of my life was funded by the lettuce processing business my grandfather had.  Ironically... I don’t like lettuce in much other than a salad.

19.  I want to be a stay an active stay at home Mom.  I’ve waited this long for kids I can’t imagine not spending as much time as possible with them.

18.  I love all things Jane Austen.

17.  I like owls, sparrows and bare trees.  You know in jewelry and decor stuff.

16.  I saw New Kids on the Block in concert in 4th grade.

15.  I wish I would have stuck with piano lessons as a kid.

14.  I sucked my thumb as a kid.

13.  Regarless of the thumbsucking I probably would have needed braces.

12.  I LOVE roller coasters!

11.  I’m really really nosey!

10.  Loyalty is both one of my greatest strengths and at times my greatest weakness.

09.  To paraphrase Mr. Darcy, my good opinion once lost will be very difficult to regain.  But trust me, beforehand I will give you more than enough chances.

08.  I have all of my wisdom teeth in my mouth.

07.  I have eczema.  It mainly flares up on my hands and arms.

06.  I hate peas.

05.  Corn on the cob is one of my favorite parts of summer.

04.  I’ve lately been thinking how wonderful a redo button would be.  Not on my whole life, but on pieces.  You know, you could say something and if it went bad... redo!

03.  I think Carson Daly is really cute.

02.  I love Ranch dressing made with the packet, milk and mayo.

01.  It took me over a month to think about 100 random things about me.  

Bonus:  (Of course I would think of more things after I finished the list.)

I’ve never played the lotto, not even a scratch off ticket.

My Grandmother used to slip me 20s to play the gambling machines and make me promise not to tell my Mom.  (I was of age.)

I never did tell my Mom.

I was only a social coffee drinker until I started working at my current job.  I started drinking coffee consistently to stay warm in the winter and got hooked!

I like chandelier silhouettes.







No comments: