Friday, February 20, 2009

Workin for the Weekend!

After two weeks of conference I'm ready to veg the weekend away! I think overall we all came through with out biting each other's heads off, but today we're all weary. It can only be expected after two weeks of late nights and early mornings.

Last night I had one of those dreams that sticks with you all day. Ever had one of those? It's irritating because the person that made the dream sticky has not been a subject of conversation or even a passing thought in my mind over the last several weeks. In the dream they came around with all of their charm trying to pry their way back into my life and I did my darndest to keep them away. Instead they wore down my best defenses. About half-way through this morning I wondered why I felt so off, post-conference and sleep deprivation aside, and I remembered the dream. With that the forgiveness and moving-on processes start over.

I dream all the time, but I have learned that sometimes my dreams are not as random as they seem. In particular with this individual it tends to be true. I have had random dreams that this person played a roll in, but I have also had dreams where God was trying to speak to me about that person. I can't help but wonder which situation this is. Completely random, or is something happening? Either way I have to shake it off and just trust God. Otherwise I'll get in a funk. I've been in a good place lately and I don't want this person's "subconscious" reappearance in my life to change that.

Well, the weekend awaits! I'm going to bug out a few minutes early, run to the store, maybe stop and get a movie, go home, put my pjs on and camp out on the couch for the evening!

No comments: