Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It feels like Home to me......

In September of 1998 I packed up all of my earthly belongings (Save a few childhood toys that my parents still cart around with them.) and moved to Santa Rosa Beach, Florida to go to Bible College. The first few... okay maybe seven, years that I was here I compared everything and everyone to "home." I wanted to go back to the days of my huge groups of friends and fond memories. Back to the days when I didn't feel lonely and I was with people that I felt truly knew me.

Don't get me wrong, all of that time I was making wonderful friends. I was going on amazing trips, having amazing experiences. I couldn't see it though. I appreciated all that I was experiencing, but not as I should have.

Then for several years I looked for ways out. I thought God was opening a door to move me on. So I applied, I looked, I knocked on doors and none opened. Reluctantly I stayed here and kept plugging along.

Something has happened though recently and I've finally realized that I in fact love it here. I hate the weather, and would prefer hills to the beach, but I'm happy here. I like my job. I love the opportunities I have to minister and experience new things. This is home.

I told God back in April that I would stay here forever if that's what He wanted, as long as I don't have to stay alone. It was resolve then. Now it is desire. I'll do whatever He wants me to, stay, move on, I will learn to be content either way. But right now I'm glad this is where He has me. Finally glad!

No comments: