Monday, February 2, 2009

We are the Champions my friend...... Steelers keep on fighting to the end!

Oh Happy Day! My Steelers won the Super Bowl last night and I am excited and exhausted! I've been planning and prepping for the party since they beat Baltimore two weeks ago. I had no idea who was coming. I posted an invite on Facebook and a few people responded, but knowing that it was an open party I really had no clue who would show up. Throughout the course of the night somewhere in the neighborhood of 37 people filtered through my house. Some just stopped by, others stayed all night. We actually got permission to build a small fire pit next to the house so a lot of people hung out outside, while the hardcore football fans stayed in to watch the game. It was so open that people I never ever would have imagine showed up. Oh, well, that's what parties are for, right?!

The Steelers winning the Super Bowl is a tad bitter sweet for me as it means no more football for several months. So sad! I really do love football!

No comments: