Monday, May 11, 2009

You're the meaning in my life. You're the inspiration!

"Hello, my name is Kara and I am a sucker for the singing greeting cards." There I admit it. I am one of those people that Hallmark laughs at as I spend $7.00 on a greeting card. But, when you care enough to send the very best....

Last week I was in search of a Mother's Day card, and while in the card aisle at the local grocery store I was drawn, of course, to the singing ones. I picked up several that were cute, would have worked, but weren't quite right. Then I picked up one that you could record a message in, and it played You're the Inspiration by Chicago. I have a great appreciation for Chicago thanks to my Mom. It made me tear up and I knew it was the perfect card.

I was a little behind so the card didn't go out until Wednesday via UPS. Of course it then didn't arrive until today. Fortunately my Mom is easy going about that kind of stuff. Like a good daughter I called her yesterday and let her know she should be getting a package today. She called me when it came and said it made her cry. Just as I suspected. :)

I love my Mom! She's amazing! This is not the last I have to say about her!

No comments: